The Special Talk Show
in the Washi Art International Exchange Exhibition Adelaide
緑野カエル、モニカ講演会
Midorino Kaeru & Monica's Talk Show
9月13日(日曜日) 18:00 - 19:30
Sunday, 13th of September, 2026
45 Finders Street ADELAIDE Bunnik Tours
緑野カエル Midorino Kaeru
和紙アーティスト・緑野カエルプロフィール
1961年生まれ
36歳の時にオーストラリアへ家族と共に移住し現在は南オーストラリア州のアデレード在住 45年間美容家としてこれまで数多くのお客様の人生に寄り添いながら生きてきた経験をもとに人生100年時代に向けてまた60代から新しく人生を見直し「美しく老いる事の意味」そして 「自分の気持ちに丁寧に生きる」事の大切さを伝えていくと共に現在はオーストラリアを拠点に活動する和紙アーティストでもあり、日本の伝統工芸でもある和紙のもつ繊細な美しさに50歳の時に魅了されこれまでの美容師としての技術を生かし独自のメソッドで多くの人々に感動とインスピレーションを与える数多くの作品を生み出しオーストラリア国内外でも和紙アート展を開催しています。
緑野カエルが創り出す和紙アートの世界のメインテーマは「言葉の無い世界からのメッセージ」 その中にはこれから大自然と人間の共存や、地球環境保護への思いが込められ繊細でありながら力強いメッセージを届けまた異文化間の架け橋として和紙の持つ美しさや日本文化の奥深さを世界に広める役割を果たしています。 --
Profile: KaeruMidorino
• Background:
o Born in 1961.
o Relocated to Australia with family at the age of 36.
o Currently resides in Adelaide, South Australia.
• Philosophy & Career:
o Drawing on 45 years of experience as a beautician—accompanying countless clients through their lives—she shares messages on the meaning of "aging beautifully" and the importance of "living attentively to one’s feelings" in an era of 100-year lifespans.
• Artistic Work:
o Fascinated by the delicate beauty of traditional Japanese washi (paper) at age 50, she combines her unique background in hairdressing with washi craftsmanship to create distinct artworks that inspire audiences across Australia and internationally.
o The main theme of her washi art is "Messages from a Wordless World."
o Her pieces incorporate deep reflection on the coexistence of humans and nature, environmental protection, and cultural exchange, serving as a bridge to share Japanese traditional culture with the world.
モニカ Monica
土偶アーティスト・モニカ プロフィール
小学生の頃、社会の教科書で縄文時代の写真を見た瞬間、その世界観に心を奪われました。教科書を開くたびに縄文の世界へ入り込み、学びを重ねるなかで、頭の中に広がる縄文の風景は、大人になるにつれてますます大きくなっていきました。5年前、大きな病気を経験し、療養中に似顔絵を描き始めます。
その後、大好きな土偶と人の顔を融合させた独自の作品「顔面土偶化」を生み出し、縄文の祈りや自然とのつながりを、色鮮やかなアートで表現するようになりました。これまで、ロンドン、パリ、ニューヨークなど、国内外で作品を発表。
障がいのある子どもたちとのコラボアートにも取り組み、一人ひとりの個性や心の声をアートとして未来へつなぐ活動を続けています。
★ Profile ★
【 Dogu Artist Monica Profile 】
Ever since I first saw a photo of the Jomon period in my elementary school social studies textbook, I was completely captivated by its worldview. Every time I opened the textbook, I immersed myself in the Jomon era, and as I learned more, the imagery of the Jomon landscape in my mind grew larger and larger as I grew into adulthood. Five years ago, after experiencing a major illness, I began drawing portraits while recovering.
Since then, I created my original work series, "Ganmen Dogu-ka" (transforming faces into Dogu clay figures), which fuses human faces with the Dogu figures I love. Through vibrant art, I express the prayers and deep connections with nature inherent to the Jomon era. I have exhibited my works both in Japan and internationally, including in London, Paris, and New York.
I also engage in collaborative art projects with children with disabilities, continuing activities that connect each child's individuality and inner voice to the future through art.
★This event is a part of the 50th Anniversary commemorative events of the Basic Treaty of Friendship & Cooperation between Australia and Japan
Comments
Post a Comment